Complaints, comments or suggestions
Our complaint procedure is designed to help resolve your complaint
as quick as possible and keep you involved in the process from
start to finish. We will listen and respond to your complaint and
we aim to learn and improve our services, policies and procedures
as result of the process.
You can make a complaint, comment or suggestion either by:
We can provide an independent advocate to help you with your
complaint if you need someone to support you.
A complaint can be made to:
- the member of staff who is providing the service
- the service manager
- a senior manager
- the contact centre
- directly to the Complaints Manager
- another organisation, whom we have commissioned to provide your
service or whom you wish to act on your behalf.
When you make a complaint, we will:
- try to resolve it immediately, if we can’t we will -
- acknowledge it in writing in three working days, and
- put a plan in place with you to try to resolve the complaint
If the complaint involves the NHS we will agree with you who
should lead on the complaint and keep you informed.
- agree with you how long this should take The plan could include
mediation, to help resolve any disagreements.
- work to the plan and keep you informed of our progress,
- if we need more time or to change the plan we will agree this
with you in advance.
When we have finished investigating your complaint:
- We will provide you with a clear report detailing what we did
and what we found and what we are going to do about it, and
- tell you how we have improved any of our procedures and
services as a result.
If you are unhappy with the way the City of London has handled
your complaint or with the outcome of the resolution you can then
refer the complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman for further
investigation. Please contact them on:
LGO Advice Team - 0300 061 0614
If you are concerned about the independence and impartiality of
the handling of your complaint or want further information about
the complaints process, you can call or email the Commissioning
& Complaints Manager at:
Department of Community & Children's Services
City of London
PO Box 270
Tel 020 7332 3689
Fax 020 7332 1621